Guidelines for Usage
Measurements: The acrylic dome of the display cases is mounted approximately 41″ above floor level. The display area measures (Length) 35″ X (Width) 35″ X (Height) 15″.
- Display case reservations are limited to one display case per college or University unit per timeframe. Display cases are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis for a period of 6 months: January-June, April-September, July-December, or October-March. Each display will rotate position after three months so that it will be displayed in two different display cases during its six-month display period.
- A representative of the College or unit will be responsible for the set-up, moving (during the 3-month rotation), and dismantling (at the end of 6 months) of the exhibit.
- The overall display concept must be submitted to and approved by the Display Services Coordinator at least two weeks prior to placement.
- The displays must reflect the purpose of the responsible college/unit and must be consistent with the land grant mission of NC University.
- Sponsors may access the display case only after receiving the approved copy of their request.
- All materials exhibited are the responsibility of the sponsoring unit. McKimmon Center assumes no responsibility for theft or damage to display materials/content. Display cases are secured using screws but are not keyed.
- Due to the diverse clientele of the McKimmon Center, materials that may be considered controversial or that are sectarian and/or political in nature are not permitted in display cases.