Note: Appendices and form web pages open as new windows, which may be closed after reading and/or printing, so as not to overload your computer’s memory.
Please complete the CEU Request for Approval to Award CEU Credit Form along with the other required documents (below), which can be uploaded into REPORTER, or can be completed individually in REPORTER.
The Request for Approval to Award CEU Credit Form is due at least 25 business days prior to the scheduled date of the activity. This information must be approved by an affiliated NC State content specialist. The information below is a guide for completing the application form, and all required forms can be found below. These forms can be completed and uploaded into REPORTER and are also in REPORTER and can be completed there.
Request for Approval to Award CEU Credit Application
- Course number is assigned by the client requesting CEUs.
- The activity title must be as descriptive as possible.
- Number of Days of Activity – total number of days of the activity.
- Number of Instructional Hours means number of contact hours. You will provide a detailed course agenda for each day of the program.
- The number of CEUs to be offered will be calculated in REPORTER. This is determined by dividing the number of course content hours by 10.
- Needs assessment for the target audience should be identified by a planning committee, a study, or the appropriate technical professional. It is not necessary for every activity conducted during the CEU program to have a separate needs assessment, but the rationale and planning for each activity should be the result of needs that have been identified by some assessment method.
- NC State Faculty/ Extension Content Specialist(s) are individuals having activity content expertise who have reviewed and documented the program content as being acceptable by the University. Contact the office of the Vice Provost, 919.513.2625 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need assistance or a referral to the appropriate NC State faculty or specialist.
- Program Sponsor means the name of the organization or NC State University unit that is offering the course or program.
- Who should attend? – Identify the target audience by groups.
- The name of the primary instructor should appear on the form.* Include a list of additional instructors and vitae for all instructors or presenters.
- Program Chair is the name of the program chair/coordinator who is responsible for the administrative and logistical aspects of the program.
- Evaluation/assessment procedures refers to the measurement of the quality of the activity as a whole, and assessment refers to the measurement of individual learning outcomes. Every activity must identify the means by which it will be evaluated. Assessment procedures are optional but preferred. Identify the test when the activity includes some kind of testing technique. Include a blank copy of your evaluation with your application.
- Industry Served Code (pick list) – choose the industry most served. (See Appendix E)
- Impact Code (pick list) – choose the category that best identifies the impact objectives of the activity. (See Appendix D)
- College/division – fill in the college/division of the program if applicable.
- Record the learning outcomes (i.e., behavioral or performance objectives such as skills, knowledge and/or attitudes the learner should be able to demonstrate during or following the learning experience).
- Activity description should describe each topic being offered. Please do not put “see attached” on the approval form, you must provide language describing activity. However, the program and/or instructional outline can be attached.
- Activity Site: City, State and Country.
- Start date of Activity. Give the starting date of the program.
*Information recorded on the Approval Form will be entered into REPORTER
CEU requests must be submitted and approved before registration can begin in REPORTER. Late registrations cannot be processed because CEUs cannot retroactively be awarded after the course has been filed with the Registrar. Individual participants cannot select whether or not they will receive CEUs; satisfactory completion of the stated criteria as developed and evaluated by the instructor/sponsor is the sole factor. All participants satisfactorily meeting the program criteria should be on the roster.
Submit in REPORTER a typed alphabetic roster using the preferred roster format. List every participant’s name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth. This list must be signed by the qualified instructor certifying attendees met the minimum requirements for satisfactorily completing the program. All program information must be submitted for processing within 10 days after program completion with all of the required registrant information.