Is it possible to get a refund?
- Lectures, classes and study trips overlap in time. Transfer/drop fees apply if you double book yourself.
- Courses: Members may request a refund of a course by contacting the OLLI office at least two weeks prior to the start of the course. A $10 processing fee per member per transaction will be charged.
- No refunds will be given for courses/events with fees of $25 or less.
- Study trips/events: Refunds for study trips/events may be requested up to three weeks prior to the date of the event. However, because of contractual obligations with vendors and advance ticket purchases, full refunds cannot be guaranteed. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from any refund. Participants in multi-day trips are strongly encouraged to get travel insurance.
- A $10 fee will be charged per member per transaction if a member wants to change to a different class or event once his/her registration has been processed.
- If you cannot attend, we cannot allow substitution because of the existence of waitlists and the membership aspect of our program.
- If OLLI cancels a course or event, you will be notified and given a full refund (or you can apply the fee to another course or trip in the same semester). Please allow three weeks for processing refunds.
- The membership fee will not be refunded.
Does OLLI close when weather conditions are bad?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, when OLLI is offering courses online and the Wake County Schools are holding classes virtually as well, we expect OLLI courses will not be impacted by adverse weather. We will make a decision to cancel on a case-by-case basis, so look for an email from the OLLI office on the day of the lecture/class/study trip.
Under normal circumstances, all OLLI programs, including off-site classes and study trips, will be canceled when the Wake County Public Schools close to students because of adverse weather. Wake County School delays in opening do not affect OLLI’s schedule; we operate on a normal schedule. When the school system closes early because of impending weather, we typically do not cancel OLLI classes, but watch for an email from the OLLI office under those circumstances. We will also Tweet status reports, which can be found by scrolling down on the main page of our website.
Does OLLI provide financial aid?
Members with limited discretionary income should contact us if financial assistance is needed in order to enroll in a six-week course. A “bank” of courses has been donated by other members for this purpose. Contact the OLLI office to complete the brief financial aid application. All information is kept confidential.
What are the details of membership?
OLLI members renew their membership each year, and the $50 annual membership fee runs from August 1 to July 31 of the following year. We prorate the membership as the year progresses, so $40 spring memberships run from January 1 to July 31 and the $20 summer membership runs May 1 to July 31.
Parking in the front lots of the McKimmon Center is free and usually plentiful. Park in the green-striped spaces. If we know in advance when parking will be tight because of other events at McKimmon, we will include that information in the class announcements and broadcast via email.
Please note: There is no parking specifically designated for OLLI members. When attendants are present, park where directed.
How can I get to the McKimmon Center if I do not drive?
Information about regional bus options that link to the McKimmon Center can be found at NC State’s Transportation website. If you are disabled, Accessible Raleigh Transportation (ART) provides transit services to persons who qualify under the ADA. Call ART at 919.996.3459.