Cancellation Policy

If your plans should change, you may designate a substitute to attend in your place at any time. Since program policies vary, please call the Office of Professional Development at 919.515.2261 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

You can transfer to another course if you are notifying us in advance of the class. You may do so by requesting a transfer online under the course of which you are registered or by calling 919.515.2261. In the event of weather-related delays or cancellations, call 919.515.2261 or go to the individual course page. Weather-affected courses may also be listed on our home page as well.

Certificate Replacement

The Office of Professional Development will replace participant certificates up to three years after the end date of the course at no charge. After three years, participants are required to contact the Continuing Education Department at NC State and request a transcript. CEU Transcripts can be purchased for $12.00. Learn more

Tax Deduction of Expenses

An income tax deduction may be allowed for expenses of education (including registration fees, travel, meals, and lodging) undertaken to maintain and improve your professional skills (Treas. Reg. 1.162-5 Coughlin v. Commissioner 203F2d 307). Check with your personal tax advisor for confirmation.

Funding Sources and Financial Assistance

Participants may be eligible for the Sallie Mae loan and MyCAA. Visit the Funding Sources and Financial Assistance webpage for more information.