Social media can produce almost twice as many leads as trade shows, telemarketing, and direct mail. Because so many internet users have social media accounts, it makes sense for any business to use social media technologies to tap their market potential.
The Social Media Management Certificate Program is a hands-on program designed to show business and industry marketers how to develop and manage an effective social media program. You will follow a nine-step program to complete a full social media proposal and program for a business or nonprofit you wish to support. You will also learn about social media tools and strategies, content creation and management, and project and risk management. You will receive a hard copy of The Social Media for Business Book, extensive on-line resources and document templates, access to a closed online community for students, and an hour of consulting with either instructor.
This course is taught by social media experts Martin Brossman and Karen Tiede.
See specific content information below in "Attend and You Will Learn."
This certificate program is useful to any professional who wants to be able to manage the world of social media and use digital marketing to drive customers to their business, specifically:
- Business owners and managers who are responsible for their own marketing
- Marketing and PR officers for government agencies whose constituents are active on social platforms
- Marketing specialists and consultants who want to enhance their skills
- Freelance professionals in many related fields who want to be able to both offer social media management and use it to market their own skills
- Professionals who are looking to stay current with the newest technologies
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NC State University.
Participants must have fluency with the major social media platforms for both personal and business use (Google+, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Pinterest). This class presumes students know how to create an account on a social media platform.