Education is the key to a prosperous future for North Carolina. The mission of The Collaborative located in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, in partnership with regional interests, is to implement technology to support and extend the advancement of university opportunities to meet the needs of the larger regional population. These needs will be met by using a variety of instructional delivery methods including face to face, video conferencing, and online instruction. University course include both credit and non-credit formats as needed and requested.
Click Here for all course and services offered by The Collaborative.
Who We Are
The Collaborative is one of eight units within NC State Continuing and Lifelong Education. The Collaborative offers services, course, and courses from both East Carolina University and NC State University. The Collaborative provides university opportunities and access to students, adults and clients in Northeastern North Carolina.
What We Do
The Collaborative works with local businesses, industry, public schools, community colleges, and economic development entities in bringing needed university resources to the communities in and around Rocky Mount.
Where We Are
The staff of The Collaborative has offices in Rocky Mount, North Carolina at The Gateway Technology Center, on the campus of North Carolina Wesleyan College.
The Services We Can Provide from Start to Finish Include:
- University sponsored youth enrichment course
- University non-credit education opportunities
- University credit online and distance education courses and course
- Educational partnership opportunities for non-profits, businesses, and industries
- Access to cooperative extension course
- Access to Industry Expansion Solutions consultations, services, and educational opportunities
K-12 Youth Summer Enrichment Programs
To view today’s events Click Here.
For the current year camp applications, please visit mckimmoncenter.ncsu.edu/collaborative-summer-camps/. Past camps have included the following:
- NC State Veterinary Camp
- NC State Shelton Challenge
- NC State High School Engineering Camp
- NC State Middle School Engineering Camp
- NC State Elementary Engineering Camp
- NC State 4-H Summer Enrichment Program
- Elementary School Math Camp
- Middle School Video Game Design Camp
- High School Video Game Design Camp
- Middle School Robotics Camp
- NC State Northeast Leadership Academy Principal Immersion Week
Centered on Your Success!
The mission of The Collaborative (TC) is to serve the educational needs of the five county region and is met by using a variety of instructional delivery methods including face-to-face, video conferencing, and online instruction. These university course include both credit and non-credit formats as needed and requested.
Impacts and Achievements
- NC State University’s NC TEACH program
- NC State University’s Masters in School Administration
- East Carolina University’s Masters in Social Work
- NC State University forestry forum videoconferences
- Leadership training and professional development workshops
- English as Second Language workshops
- NC State Park and Recreation monthly video conferences
- ECU Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt certification
- Rocky Mount High School Quiz Bowl competitions
- Summer enrichment course
- Engineering workshops for high school students
- DPI training sessions
- Teacher recruitment seminars
- College Foundation of NC training
- Teach One/Reach One training location
What People Are Saying
“My son Taheer had a wonderful time at Vet camp. Every day he came home excited to tell what he had done for the day. He talked about cutting open a farm raised catfish and finding a key. Thanks again for this wonderful program.”
– Latoya Tyus, mother of camper Taheer Wyatt, a rising 9th grader from Rocky Mount.
“I think the camp was a very great way for us kids to get an experience about how to become a vet. The vet camp really helped me think about how my future is going to be and what NC State could offer. Camp was also a good way for me to meet other kid’s from other schools that I never met before who are interested in the same thing as I am.”
– Kendra Battle, a rising 9th grader from Halifax County.
“Camp counselors kept my daughter Carol engaged in hands-on experiences all week. Dissecting the pig heart was a wonderful opportunity, and she will not have a similar opportunity until far into her high school career. The presenters’ lectures were engaging and informative.
She learned more than I would have expected in such a short period of time. This was a wonderful summer opportunity to show that classroom knowledge really does apply in the real world. It was well worth the effort to drive to and from Wilson for such an amazing experience.”
– Ginger and Mike Jablonski, parents of camper Carol Jablonski, a rising 9th grader from Wilson.
“Everything went well with our engineering workshop. Everything was set up just like we needed it, facilitating the day’s events. I had a great time, the kids had a great time, and we look forward to doing another workshop at the Gateway Technology Center in the near future.”
– Paul Holloman, Rocky Mount High School
“The CGTC staff could not have been more supportive and helpful. They’re incredibly positive and upbeat! There’s an air of excitement here whenever we do Math Camp and I believe the students’ excitement about their learning is heightened by it.”
– Fran Haley, Director, Math Enrichment Camp
Additional testimonials can be accessed through the links below:
Center for Urban Affairs & Community Services | Customized Training and Development | Office of Professional Development | Osher Lifelong Learning Institute | Technology Training | The Collaborative | Upper Coastal Plain Learning Council