This annual award is presented to a current or retired employee of NC State Continuing and Lifelong Education (NCSCaLE) who exemplifies the traits that former McKimmon employee, Mary Frances Hester, demonstrated during her 38 years of public service. These trademark characteristics include dedication, loyalty, commitment, and quality in effectively addressing constituency needs, providing a supportive work environment, and contributing to the goals of NCSCaLE and the land grant mission of NC State University.
The Award will be presented annually in November at the NCSCaLE holiday luncheon to an appropriate nominee.
Nominees will be current or retired employees of NC State Continuing and Lifelong Education units who have been instrumental in NCSCaLE successfully identifying and addressing relevant constituent needs. Among the qualifying characteristics to be considered in the nomination process will be:
- Exemplifies the spirit of service thereby enhancing NC State’s commitment to public engagement.
- Provides dedicated and loyal public service in the creative and innovative development, implementation, and evaluation of lifelong learning course.
- Improves the quality of life for North Carolina’s citizens through the application of NC State University’s knowledge and technical resources.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art techniques and customer-sensitive approaches that maximized awareness of and access to outreach/extension initiatives.
- Extends the University to previously underserved citizens.
- Provides a supportive work environment that contributed to the goals of NC State Continuing and Lifelong Education and the land-grant mission of NC State University.
Click Here to read the full description of Hester Award criteria.
2022-2023 Committee Members
Nominations for the Award will be received and reviewed by the committee. Nominations with supporting evidence are to be submitted in letter form, not to exceed three (3) pages including attachments. Nominations may be submitted with an identified nominator or anonymously (if anonymous, please identify yourself to the committee chair so that he/she can follow up if any questions arise; this information will be kept confidential).
- 2008 – 2009
- 2007 – 2008
- 2006 – 2007
- 2005 – 2006
Jo Anne Upchurch
- 2004 – 2005
Mary Frances Hester